Anker PowerWave Charging Pad
Pros and Cons
Short USB Cable
Great value for money
Charger Wattage or Speed
The Anker PowerWave Charging Pad is fast charge enabled, with a maximum output of a 10W for Samsung and 7.5W for Iphones. It is specially designed to optimise to your phone’s charging capability.
This product is Qi certified.
Accompanying Cable and Plug
This mobile phone induction charger is USB-C compatible and comes with both a USB-C cable and a Qualcomm quickcharge 3.0 wall plug which ensures your charger is working at its optimum speed. One down side is that the USB cable is not that long but can easily be swapped out for any other USB cable you may have lying around.
Size and Aesthetics
Compared to their previous black designs Anker have gone with a brighter white colouration for the Powerwave Charging Pad. The front of the pad is covered in a smooth grey TPU matte material with a soft finish. This looks really smart when matched with the white of the base of the pad making for a very futuristic look which is unique when compared with all the black wireless chargers on the market. The pad itself is quite wide meaning it may take up a lot of room, but this ensures a stable base for your phone and in particular for larger smartphones.
This Anker wireless charger functions like a standard wireless charging pad but has many built in features to improve the experience. According to Anker the device has “total radiation shielding, over-charge protection, foreign object detection and more”. In addition, the standout feature is the internal cooling fan which forms a ring around the base, supposedly the first of its kind in a wireless charger it minimises almost all the heat radiation.
The front of the Anker Powerwave Charging Pad is covered in a non-slip TPU coating which provides some grip for your phone. In addition, there is a silicone ring around the base of the charger which will ensure that it to does not move around.
This product contains only one coil so may take some positioning, although the Anker branding in the centre of the pad indicates where to centre your device.
The LED indicator is one of the most innovative we’ve seen so far: the indicator is built into a small circular ring on the side of the pad which lights up a very subtle light blue when your phone is being charged. While it is subtle enough to not be too much of a problem for overnight chargers you can also position your phone so that the LED is covered.
While the Anker PowerWave Charging Pad is not Qi certified, the Anker brand is well trusted enough now for this to be a viable purchase for the cost, especially considering all the features and the added Qualcomm Quickcharge 3.0 wall plug which make the pricing very reasonable indeed.
Speed – 4/5
Aesthetics – 5/5
Functionality – 4/5
Price - 5/5
- Product Dimensions: 11 x 11 x 1.8 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 340 g
- iOS 11.2 required to access 7.5W fast charging for iPhone.
- Quick Charge 3.0 wall charger with 12V / 1.5A output required for operation.
- PowerWave is incompatible with the wall chargers provided with the phone by Apple and Samsung.
- Metal attachments or credit cards will interfere with charging.
- 7.5W: iPhone X / iPhone 8 / iPhone 8 Plus (iOS 11.2 or later required)
- 10W: Samsung Galaxy S9 / S9+ /Note8／ S8 / S8+ / S7 / S7 edge / S6 edge+ / Note 5
- 5W: Samsung S6/S6 edge, Google Nexus 7 (2013) / 6 / 5 / 4, LG G2 / G3 / G6 Plus / Lucid 2 / Lucid 3 / Optimus F5 / Optimus G Pro / Optimus it L-05E / Spectrum 2 / Vu 2 / Vu 3 / V30 / V30 Plus, Microsoft Lumia 950 / 950 Dual Sim / 950 XL / 950 XL Dual Sim
We Also Recommend
Belkin BOOST↑UP 7.5W Wireless Charging Pad